Sunday, January 28, 2007

Madrona Swag

I made my way down to Tacoma again today to take part in the marketplace at the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat. It was definitely worth the trip.
I got a few essentials: needles, another color for the felted pears I fell in love with at Christmas. The most exciting part is:


The yellow is hand-dyed silk and the purple is sea-silk, with which I will make this. I'm excited. I don't know what I'll do with the yellow, I just really liked it and I happen to have a lot of disposable income right now, so I got it. The buttons are to replace the blue ones on my new Sierra Cardigan. I've worn it a couple times now and I'm not convinced the blue ones are it.


Progress continues on Pomatomus, if a little slowly. I turned the heel and picked up stitches and now I just have to keep going. So far these haven't been that difficult, but perhaps the difficulty is yet to come. We'll see.
Like I said before, I could sit and look at these socks all day long I love the colors so much.
And from a purchase the other day:
It's all sock yarn because I'm a bit of a fiend, but the most notable part is the colors. I used to make my mother swear to never let me buy anything pink and now I daily sport a pink wool coat and am in love with this pink Lambs Pride Wildefoote Luxury Sock yarn in color Sonatina. The other yarn is blue. It's sort of green but would definitely fall in the blue section of the color wheel. I don't buy blue. I don't wear blue and I think I own maybe three balls of blue yarn (all of which are shetland wool for Fair Isle sweaters so they hardly count). I couldn't stop looking at this ball of yarn though and thinking what a pretty color it was, so I got it. It is Dream in Color in the Blue Lagoon colorway. I don't know what pattern I'll use, but right now I just like looking at the plain white bag with pink and blue yarn in it. I sight my high school self would throw up a little in her mouth at, but I quite enjoy.

No comments: