Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I see, said the blind man...

Dear Tina,

I love my new socks very much, your yarn is representative of all things good in the world. However, as much as my feet appreciate the warmth these socks will provide, my eyes say otherwise. I would, at your earliest convenience, very much like my vision back. The only way I can find my feet nowadays is by waving them in front of my eyes and looking for the red glow they emit while wearing these socks. It was only through sheer willpower and muscle memory that I managed to get through the last half of the second sock. Let's not mention the kitchener at the end, I'm not sure, but it's probably not pretty.

I'll make a deal with you Tina, but only because I like you so much. If you give me back my vision I'll forget about the broken camera lens. Get back to me when you get a chance and we'll talk details.

Yours sincerely,
Christine





yarn: BMFA STR Lightweight, this was a Mill End, but I'm pretty sure it's basically Sherbet. (I don't know why this is a mill end, if there are any knots they are in the last 11 grams, which seems unlikely.) I enjoyed the color, but it is not for the faint of heart, quite delightfully bright as it is.
needles: size 2 (I debated going down a size but I loved the spiral beyond words, so I kept it.)
pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. from Knitty.
notes: I did a short row heel because I loved the spiral action going on and I didn't want to interrupt it. The best part? somehow my heel and gauge and the planets all lined up such that there isn't a restarting of the spiral after the heel. I didn't have to shift the yarn or anything (I wouldn't have anyway, but it's pretty cool that I didn't have to not shift the yarn).



No comments: