Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lavender Blue

Awhile ago I harvested lavender (right after I spied a suspicious moth in the studio) from our 'garden' out back and now I need something to put it in. Enter the sachet.

Pattern: The lace chart is from the Magickal Earth Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. The rest is my own devising.

Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Sunlight Heater leftover from a shawl I knit awhile back.

Needles: Size 0

Notes: I knit the lace flat, then turned and knit the back onto the front. I blocked it, filled it with lavender from the garden, and grafted it shut. Doing this in the round would make much more sense and the sides wouldn't look nearly so wonky. As it was I was just trying something out and I'm very pleased with the results. I will definitely be making more with other bits of leftover lace weight. With the size 0 needles the yo holes are small enough that the lavender doesn't fall out.



In other news the Odysseus sweater is making some hefty progress. It's been awhile since 9th grade English and I'm out of Odyssey metaphors, in knitting mythology I'm at the bottom of the armholes, I just need to knit some sleeves and join them for a raglan top. Also think of something to make it all a little more interesting.

No comments: