Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New Kitchen = New Potholders

So my mother has this new kitchen. After 30+ years of living in the same house my parents have come to terms with the fact that they aren't moving. Thus they are remodelling. The short of the (very very) long is that the kitchen is finally finished.

When you get a new kitchen many things carry over. It would be silly to buy all new dishes and silverware etc. when the stuff you have is perfectly suitable for your new kitchen. However, there are some things that simply should not ever set foot in the new kitchen, ever. These include my mother's old potholders. I don't have a picture, but they were bad, and pretty old.

I was the self-elected one to make these potholders. Really I was looking for something quick, easy and fun. Instant knitting gratification. Let me say, instant knitting gratification is exactly what I got. I think it took me 2 or 3 evenings to knit them, and one short session to felt them. Voila, new potholders, some stash yarn used, finishing a project, and, best of all, being able to give my mother new potholders the morning of a big family party in the new house.


Ask me how hard it was to find yarn that would match the general color scheme of the kitchen and the house in my mother's yarn stash. Well the answer is not hard at all, I didn't even use all the yarn I found that would have worked.

No comments: