Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yet Another Lavender Sachet

If I didn't already know the answer I would ask where the time went. I don't even feel guilty about it. I graduated more than two years ago and I still sometimes marvel that time not spent doing homework is all of my time now. My time on sites like ravelry is still time spent putting off other things, but the vaccuuming doesn't work on a deadline and won't grade me on my work.
Moving directly on to the point. Much of my non-ravelry time this week has, in fact, been spent knitting and I have a lot to show for it.


First off:
Yet Another Lavender Sachet!
Pattern: Cameo Lace from the Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker. (I like to think of her as Babs.)
Needles: Size 0
Yarn: Some Cotton off the cone from Weaving Works.


Since I started these I have cleaned out my mother, my brother and just this weekend my Aunt of all their lavender. When you look at lavender bushes they don't look like they have all that much lavender, but when you cut it and put it all in one place there is an astouding amount. As it stands now I should have enough lavender to make sachets for every drawer in the house, whether or not there is any wool contained therein.


Secondly:
The third installment of the best club in the world.
Pattern: Solstice Slip Socks by JC Briar
Needles: size 1
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Firebird.
Notes: Mine are toe-up with a fabulous picot bind-off, my very first picot edge. I've always wanted to do a picot edge and just never did, but I thought these socks were perfect for it. My picot doesn't lay flat so much as stick out totally flat, but it really just makes my socks look like their dancing all the time and I love it. All of my socks may have picots from now on.



Thirdly:
The Odysseus sweater has sleeves. I'm completely out of odyssey references, but the going is short from here on out. I just have to do a tiny bit of math to figure out my decreases and I'll be on my merry way. Penelope is already planning her next sweater but she'll have to go at the end of the line.

No comments: