Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm famous!

For those of you who don't know, I didn't until today so you're not alone, I'm famous! Well, sort of. I wrote an article for Knitty awhile back and it got printed. I'm so excited, I felt good about it but they actually liked it and printed it. I've already gotten emails from some people who have read it. This is like writing a paper in college but better.

I finished my first Love Lace anklet and I am still in love lace. I haven't started the second one because I've been busy starting my new job on the Privateer Lynx. I started Tuesday and this is the first chance I've had to get on the internet. Alas there is no picture of my new sock but it is all things lovely and wonderful in this world.

As I reenter the world of tallship sailing I find myself rediscovering unused muscles. I clamber about all day and at bedtime it is all I can do to clamber into my bunk. I also find myself in the unusual position of being the only girl on a boat full of boys. All the previous boats I've worked on have been predominantly women and now I am the sole outpost of the double X chromosome.

Thanks to those who have come because of my being famous and I hope you'll come again. Sadly as I have mentioned before I am working at a job that doesn't allow for constant internet access so posts will be even fewer and farther between, but hopefully laden with hair raising tales and lots of knitting.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I came due to your fame, and will be back again! Great article, thanks!

Holly said...

I just read your article on knitty. Thanks for the great information; I will definitely try hand felting next time!

.x.Helen.x. said...

Just gotta say - I'm a first-time felter who tried your technique last night and I love it! Such a stress-reliever and it works on the yarn too!! Thanks for the article!

EmilyElizabeth said...

Hello, Famous One! Thanks for the felting how-to. I am almost ready to felt my Fuzzy Feet from a Knitty-gone-by... I will try to make as much mess as possible.

Can't wait to read more about your adventures on the boat...