Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cranky Pants

Blogger and my computer are not getting on right now, there were words and I was came in too late to salvage the relationship. Thus there are no pictures. Rather there are pictures, they are even on the computer but blogger will have nothing to do with them. A counselor is coming tomorrow and I hope she can at least rectify the situation enough that blogger will let my computer give it some pictures.

The moral of the story is that I finished yet another sock over the weekend at work (I am loving this job more and more every day) and I thought it was a little on the big side, but didn't worry about it too much. Turns out it is exactly three grams too big, and since that three grams is in the leg I have to rip back the entire foot and part of the leg and have another go at it. I am reminded why I love toe-up socks so very much at times like this. The problem is I did a lot of top-down socks with great success and got all cocky; the fates have thrown it all back in my face. The upside is that while the sock technically fits it is quite large, the leg is too long, the foot could have fewer stitches and the heel flap is funny. I'm thinking of the current permutation as a the dress rehearsal. Now I know what needs to happen, I can put on my concert black and finish the thing the way it ought to be done.

No comments: